Wednesday, February 10, 2016

And Now This Damn Japanese Beetle Is Doing The Backstroke In The Master Bath

OK, you remember the time I found a beetle swimming in the toilet in my parents' toilet, and I didn't have the heart to use the toilet because I didn't want to kill the beetle?  So, like, a few days ago I saw it back in there again, and at some point I got fed up, grabbed my tweezers, used it to nudge the beetle over and off of the surface of the water, after which I left it as it, I guess, was getting out of the bowl.

But a couple days later, when I went back into my parents' master bathroom, what do you think I saw in the toilet?  My freakin' God, that damn beetle went back into the water.  It was flipped over, and I could see from the tiny eddies that he was splashing his legs around on the surface, like it was either struggling to get right-side up or it was working on its backstroke.

I don't know what to do at this point.  I marched back upstairs to use my own latrine, and I haven't used it since.  I need to get to that toilet.  It needs to be cleaned, for one thing; that standing water is going to leave a mark darker than the one that's already there.  Also, even though this may just be my and Father's thinking, but the water in that toilet bowl should circulate every once in a while or else it'll freeze ... maybe.  At any rate, I can't get to the toilet because that stupid Japanese beetle either fell or wanted to go back into it.  If it's the latter, I have no problem just flushing it to its death.  If it's the former ... well, I always suffer fools gladly, but I don't know how long I can wait before I need to save it from itself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment