Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Disruptions, Disruptions

I hate change.  Specifically I hate all the new shit that's gone down just on Tuesday.

All I did was wake up just after 10:30 when my body told me to wake up.  I had one thing I had to do today: A study at the U. at 2 o'clock.  Everything else was up in the air, even though I had some job irons in the fire.

As soon as I get back the shit hits the fan.  Turns out the test scoring place did get the message I left them late last week and, who knew!, they are still looking for emergency scorers for their writing project -- on Wednesday.  Well, there goes working another U. experiment and seeing my shrink.  And there goes waking up whenever the fuck I want to and adapting to my body's true schedule and doing whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want.  Well, "doing whatever the hell I want" should be replaced by "finally getting around to doing the things I've needed to do ... although to be realistic I probably wouldn't be doing those things at anytime."  Bottom line is I have no more time.  I think I regret accepting this job.

And then, in a virtual response to my previous blog post, the other foot did come down.  Sunday night Mother told me to call her the next day, which I did.  She is coming home.  She doesn't know exactly when, but she gave me a date range of two weeks out.  I thank her for the heads-up -- now I'm not afraid that my parents will just show up at home -- but there is now a point where my dream world of living by myself is over.  And of course this sets off a tizzy of things that I'm not sure I'll be able to accomplish.  Stuff like:

  • How am I going to get this house cleaned?  I still need a firm date so I can tell a stripper girlfriend when to come over.  But like I said before, what if she does a shitty job?
  • What will I do with all the bags of papers I took out of storage?  I still haven't had time to get around to them, and with accepting work I won't have any time during the day.
  • How am I going to adjust with another person living back here?  This may not be such a huge deal because, apparently, this time Mother is coming home alone, without Father.  Don't know why.  But this might mean that Mother is going to piss and moan about the house being too dirty, for one thing.
One of these disruptions happening yesterday would have affected me greatly.  It's just my fucking life that both of them happened on the same goddamn day.  I've already altered my plans because of this.  I decided to go to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place because it'll be the last time I can eat there at a weeknight; my new job begins Wednesday, so I'll have to sleep in early, and pretty soon after Mother will be home so I'll have no need to eat out.  (By the way, I decided to eat at a different place instead because I believe an asshole was eating at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.)  I had plans to visit strip clubs at night; now I'll have to choose which ones to go to.  Same thing with fancy restaurants -- I'll have to pick a couple before getting a daily dinner from Mother.

Shit, even my Tuesday, aka My Last Day Of Freedom, is not really free anymore.  Out of the blue, while I was about to pass out, I was woken up by a call from my shrink's secretary asking me if I wanted to see him at his other office today at 12:30, to which I said yes, stupidly.  I should have said no so I could start picking up around the house.  I do find it a bit funny that she actually solicited me for a session with my shrink.  Could it be that they want the money from my health insurance company for a visit?

I'll talk more about it over the next two weeks until Mother comes home.  All this time I was slouching around because I didn't know when the axe would fall, so to speak.  Now that I know, I'm slouching around because I know I have only so much time to do all the things I need and want to do before it's all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment