Saturday, February 20, 2016

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Friday, February 19:
  • After a long day that included going to St. Paul (and paying for parking -- ack!) to clear up just what in the hell's going on with my health insurance, I went to the Gopher women's hockey game.  I wanted to vacillate between that and the wrestling dual vs. Iowa St. just a football field away in Williams Arena, but it turns out that there are no in-and-out privileges, so I just decided to stick it out at Ridder.  Just so you know, the #3 Gophers routed #2 Wisconsin 4-0, and the Gopher grapplers absolutely crushed the Cyclones, 30-10.  I didn't think the wrestling team was going to triple Iowa St., so I kind of feel bad I didn't go there and watch a powerhouse program at least once in my life.  Hopefully they'll be back up here again, soon, and they (as well as the U.) will both be the lofty teams that they uncharacteristically are not this year.  Oh, and hopefully their meet won't be at the same time as the Gopher women's hockey team's very important tilt against an equally regarded team.  Hot dog, Coke, program equal: $9.25.
  • Was on the Minneapolis version of the Eater website.  It had a map-infused listicle of donut shops around the Twin Cities, and it turns out one of their recommended ones resides in Dinkytown.  And it has ... well, frankly, the dumbest name I've ever heard of: Sssdude-Nuts.  It is pronounced with the first "d" silent, so I guess it is "soooooooooood nuts."  It's run by a really cool guy who seems to barely be out of graduating school -- high school, that is.  And it also has a cadre of really big donuts with some off-the-wall but musically-based names: No-Flex Zone, The Ladies Love Beyoncé, Old Dirty Bastard, and I Can't Feel My Face.  Got the latter two, and I have to say, those donuts are good.  Place is kind of funky too -- small, dirty, has a TV where you can play video games, and there's a chalkboard wall where you can write shit too.  It looks like a dorm, basically.  I want to support this small business because it represents the mom-and-pop heart of what Dinkytown used to be, and is trying rapidly to no longer be.  Plus tip: $6.
  • Those adorned donuts are a bargain, to be honest, compared to Glam Doll.  But the donuts there are really good too.  Eating two types of donuts on the same night is overkill, but I wanted to compare and contrast, and I also wanted to just get out and work on my computer away from my house.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to do that because I stumbled upon a party and all the tables were taken, so I just sat on a couch and looked at my phone.  Looked at one of the girls working there too.  She's hot and spent most of the night gyrating to the music playing.  When you have a hot chick dancing and dancing well, man, there ain't nothing like it.  Made my day.  Had one donut because I was not hungry, the Varga Girl, and a pour-over coffee.  With tip the total was: $8.81.
  • Go back to Thursday the 18th: While being on the dole, I am trying to limit myself to one big sit-down restaurant outing and one encounter of sexual activity per week.  This week's form of the latter came at a house party hosted by ****e, half-sister of ATF ***a*, who had a falling out with ***a* and decided to open up her own house to do a party for the first time ever.  It is very convenient for me because I live very close to her.  It's also good because she sucks my dick, though not as fervently as ***a*.  Wanted to stay around because *a****, a girl I've wanted to get down with for some time was there.  She's friends with ***e*, and I wanted to know what the hell is up with her.  But she disappeared into ****e's bedroom once she and I came out of it and was there until I left.  So it was one VIP and a, gulp, $20 cover.  I want to have another congress with her, but damn, $20 just to get in offends my principles.  Total: $140.
  • Oh ... I have picked up a dime, nickel and penny recently.  Don't remember the exact dates nor the exact places where I found them.  I am just going to note them here, if it's all the same to you.  An Infusion of: 16 cents.
  • On Monday the 15th, my last day of work, people there bought pizza -- greasy good pizza -- and so I had to buy Coke for myself to go with it.  There seemed to be a miscommunication here; last week a different department said they were going to get pizza and Coke for me, but on Monday morning what I would consider my supervisor said she would.  When I told her about this department's plans, she said she'd talk to them.  Apparently she overruled them, which meant no free pop.  Well, shit: $1.92.
  • Go back to Friday, February 12, where I finally -- finally! -- got a handjob from *****a, a Marilyn Monroe look-alike that I only hoped in my wildest dreams that she would get down and nasty.  And my Buddha, she did!  I had to buy Girl Scout cookies she brought for her daughter as a thank-you.  Got a couple other dances from *****a and this new Egyptian chick named ******e.  The latter chick was a friend of *e*****, who invited me to this party.  When I got a $20 dance from ******e she unexpectedly took out my dick.  "I want to see it!" she said, and I totally believe her, and that's why I got so hard!!!  I'm so getting more sumpin'-sumpin' next time!  By the way, ironically, *e*****, the ATF who invited me, was the only one of the four strippers working that party that I didn't pay to get a dance from.  Total: $204.
  • Celebrated from my successful night out by hanging out at Glam Doll afterward.  Two donuts, slow-pour coffee, tip: $11.
  • On Wednesday the 10th I had oatmeal at work: $1.60.
  • I then took a break from work around lunchtime and went back down to the cafeteria in case I wanted to eat something.  Turns out I did; the caterer had their version of King Cake in celebration of Mardi Gras.  Well, I had to celebrate Mardi Gras, too, so I bought a piece: $4.07.
  • OK, from here my EWR goes back to Monday, February 1.  Either I have receipts for everything I bought or I didn't buy anything these nine days.  Pizza at work: $3.10.
  • Got pissed that there was no coffee in the pot I usually get my coffee from.  And I still didn't want to get coffee from those push pots where you squeeze the coffee out because I usually got coffee grounds in my cup.  (I should add that oftentimes I wound up getting coffee grounds when getting a cup of coffee from the pot, too.)  So I went back down to the cafeteria to purchase coffee: $2.13.
  • That evening I had this tremendous urge to eat out because of the huge snowstorm the next day.  I had a coupon for the Outback Steakhouse and realized that I have never been to the local one even though it's about ten minutes away.  And then, while looking online to see if they had a late night happy hour, they said they were offering a free Bloomin' Onion for each entreé purchased.  I've never had a Bloomin' Onion before!  So this was the time to finally go to Outback Steakhouse and see what this Bloomin' Onion I've seen so much on TV is all about.  And ... yeah, that's something you need to share.  I was so full I had to take home half of that, as well as the fries that came with the steak that was supposed to be the main course.  Duly noted for next time: Get either the onion or a meal, but not both.  With tip: $19.
  • Sunday, January 31 ... The U.S. Pond Hockey Championships kind of slipped my mind, but I remembered in time and decided I would at least spend the championship session there, even though the drive was almost all the way to my route to work.  Really nice; should do it again.  Was so charmed by this uniquely Minnesotan team that I decided to buy a winter hat even though 1) it was $20 and 2) I was given a winter hat by Caribou for a quick taste test.  Yes, money just melts through my fingers like room temperature ice cream.  Had a Labatt Blue while watching the Open Division final, and there was controversy; one team was up, I think, 3-0 before the other team stormed back with two goals, but apparently there was a dispute as to whether the tying goal actually went in.  They said no.  Alas.  With tip for the beer and the total, I think, was: $6.
  • On Saturday the 30th I went to the North Star Roller Girls bout at the State Fairgrounds.  Still a different atmosphere than the hotbox at MNRG.  Really cold, too; that would be perfect for the summer and the Minnesota State Fair, but hellish for the middle of winter.  I poured in the food -- a beer (with tip) and a Bavarian pretzel with cheese which, and I might be a little cynical here, I don't think actually came from Bavaria.  All told I spent: $15.
  • And then I was still hungry after the bout so I went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place for a chicken alfredo pizza.  With tip: $16.75.
  • Friday, January 29, where I had both tuna hotdish and salad for lunch at work: $5.22.
  • On Thursday the 28th Tiger Sushi, one of the great sushi places in town, held its monthly, uh, "residency," and since I was kind of afraid it would be my last time to try it while working there, I went for the ... well, I forget what kind of roll it was, but it was the most expensive one: $16.08.
  • After work I waited out the crowd at Matt's Bar, where I had a Jucy Lucy for the first time since my alma mater's squash team was in town.  I vowed to eat here for dinner after work at least once before I got done with my assignment; that it was on one of my ways home demanded it.  That cheese is hot!  Damn, I needed to wait a few more minutes before eating it!  With a half order of fries and a beer, I think, and tip: $19.
  • And my day wasn't done: I went to Caffetto to work on the Internet.  Had a really tasty (and sturdy!) Oreo mousse to go along with a hot chocolate.  With tip: $6.75.
  • Wednesday the 27th: OK, I think I'm going to add these two expenses together.  Went down to the cafeteria for breakfast, and when I was checking out the cashier asked the person ahead of me if she (?) had a penny so she could round up her change.  She didn't, but I did, so the actual total for my "breakfast" turned out to be: $2.70.
  • That evening I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Tips, Sprite and a lapper with Katie: $27.25.
  • On Monday, January 25 I waited out the evening rush by eating at Qdoba at MOA.  Yep -- still bastard Chipotle, even with the contamination scares.  God, I spent a lot of money there for the chips and guacamole: $13.77.
  • Sunday the 24th ... went to Burger King for lunch because I had a coupon: $3.21.
  • To Friday, January 22, where I went to a party at ***a*'s place.  Finally got down with *a***, this Moroccan chick who may be 50 but looks very good for her age.  She gave me her number because she does massages -- well, "massage" -- too.  Didn't have much, uh, "energy" left for host *a***, but this time around she was so drunk and out of it we agreed on $60 and she gave me a few licks on my Tootsie Pop anyway!  Plus cover and it came out to: $170.
  • Ah, shit ... went to Glam Doll and I didn't write down the final total.  See, what I usually do there is get one donut and pour-over coffee (you know, the slow, torturous, "artsy" coffee), then later I get a second donut a bit after I polish off the first one.  I wrote down what I was going to buy, but I forgot to type in the total (with tip) after I got done.  So I'll just pull a number out of the air: $13.
  • On Wednesday the 20th I had a salad at work: $3.71.
  • Then I actually went straight home from work.  Well, actually I went straight to the Noodles & Company that recently opened close to home.  Missed The Middle because of it, but that was OK.  Total: $8.07.
  • After seeing all the shows I wanted to see on free TV I went back out, to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition).  Got a dance from two strippers, the black girl *a*** and the Kim Kardashian clone, *****a.  With tips and coffee: $49.75.
  • Monday the 18th: Had beef-stuffed pasta shells for lunch at work: $7.23.
  • Then went to The Melt Shop at the Megamall, and I told you how that shitshow went: $10.50.
  • OK, Saturday, January 16 ... this was the time where I decided it was time to look at my club's finances.  I don't know how the hell this happened, but we were short $60 on our scholarship account.  That was money that should have been accounted for, but I don't see how I could have messed that up.  I know the chapter's finances have to be audited much better, but for this moment in the club's history, I am just going to throw in my money to make up the difference and be done with it: $60.
  • Stored the following: Some crisp, consecutive dollars; some Sacagawea gold dubloons; some newly minted quarters and dimes with nary a scratch on them; and two wheat pennies.  The total comes out to: $19.22.
  • Went to the library to print out ... something.  A Groupon?  Total: 10 cents.
  • And somewhere around the library I found a dime.  So the printout was free!  An Infusion of: 10 cents.
  • That afternoon, before coming home to watch the Divisionals, I went to this place close by called Maxwell Street.  It used to be a Chris & Rob's before, I reckon, they realized that the location was shitty (seriously, I can't get to this place via the quickest way there; I would have to instead go south a couple blocks in order to be able to turn right onto its only true entrance, which is a huge pain in the ass) and sold it to these immigrants vying for a toehold toward the American Dream.  Nothing wrong with that; that's how my parents got to the point where they can travel around the world in their retirement.  But when I get a coupon that gives me two dollars off, I shouldn't expect the total I pay to be just about equal to the actual cost of the meal without the discount.  Which it was.  Man, I don't understand why these guys had to screw me.  I even went up to them to ask whether they took out the two bucks, and they said that the, like, cheese I asked for was extra, even though they didn't tell me it was.  Lesson learned: Do not go to Maxwell Street because they will fuck you over.  I consider this a price to pay for learning these guys are shady: $9.08.
Done through Friday, February 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment