Monday, February 8, 2016

This Is My Last Week Working Here ... Right?

It's weird because no one has yet to come up to me and talk about it.  The guys here were extended by a month ago a couple weeks ago.  (Maybe I should work on that sentence.)  That puts our end date as ... Friday.

So, are we going to get extended or not?  I would assume that we would have heard the answer by now, but like I said, no one in authority has addressed that issue.  In the meantime one of the test scoring places wants me to come on board for a project.  They called me Friday; training for this project begins Wednesday.  They usually don't put a gun to my head by asking for volunteers so close to the beginning of a project.  But if work here really does end on Friday, it would make sense for me to leave even earlier so I will have work beyond this week.

However, I don't know if work really ends on Friday.  So I don't know what really I should do.  I did leave a message and the test scoring place outlining my position.  I might have to call back and say that I can't do it.  But, maybe I should force the issue and ask the guys here if Friday really is our last day.  Because if so, I might as well end my stay here three days sooner to ensure uninterrupted work.  But I wouldn't know that unless they tell me -- or unless I ask them.  Maybe I should ask them.  Nah, I'll just let things run their natural course.

No comments:

Post a Comment