Sunday, February 14, 2016

God Bless Twitter And God Bless Twitter Trolls

Maybe I should've thought about it before I put down my thoughts permanently in cyberspace.  But man, I was provoked.

After Antonin Scalia died, the Communications Director for Right Wing Nut Job Senator Mike Lee of Utah, instead of doing the civil thing and stammering out some quick condolences for a conservative hero he would have fellated if he knew no one would ever know, took the occasion to bash our lawfully-elected President:



Stay classy, Conn Carroll. Scalia's body hasn't even gone cold yet and you're already using it to trash-talk the black guy in the White House. Look, I'm sure many liberals whom Scalia considered inferior to him cheered the news, and that sure as hell isn't right, either. But that just means you're in the pig shit with them.

So, instead of biting my tongue and just observing my timeline, I decided I was going to stick my neck out and say something about all this hate. For too long the President has tried to govern only to be blocked by Republicans who didn't give even a thought to compromising for the sake of the country.  So I said so, and I tweeted it out.  And oh my God, there are so many stupid fucking Republican pieces of shit on Twitter that responded to me.  A few of them made some good points about Democrats blocking nominees when George W. Bush was in office, even though I responded by saying that Republicans in the Senate have already indicated they'll block any nominee Obama sends to them even before he picked someone.  Some of them are stupid for raising the lie that a President can't nominate someone to the Supreme Court while in the last year of his time in office.  The Constitution ensure that not only does a President have that right, he also has the duty to nominate someone so the Supreme Court can function with an odd number of justices.  Also, justices have been approved in lame duck years of Presidents in the past, the latest being Anthony Kennedy in Ronald Reagan's last year.

But it's the really idiotic tweets that make up the vast majority of the response to my reasoned, morally correct tweet.  Some of them referred to Obama as a Muslim smh.  And a lot of people said that it was in fact Obama that has been doing the disrespecting.  I have absolutely no fucking clue where these idiots get that from.  Well, besides their belief that Barack Obama has been "uppity" even when the majority of people elected him President twice.  Seems as thought the only way they would come around to Obama is if he personally supplicates himself to every single Republican in Congress, bows his head and says, "Yes, massa?" while making sure he never makes eye contact with them, and then gives those Senators a crazy conservative nominee to replace Scalia.  That is the only way bigots like the ones who tweeted me think Obama should be able to get a new Supreme Court justice before his term's over.  There's no use convincing them of facts and logic.  So I blocked them.  It's easier on the heart.

It was on Twitter where I found an adage, attributed to Winston Churchill, that may just be the saying I live my life on: "You have enemies?  Good.  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."  You're going to piss somebody off no matter what you do, so why not say what you believe?  I should do that a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment