Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Of All The Goddamn Times For The Snowblower Not To Work ...

The final total around these parts ... I don't want to know.  Last I heard on the news it was 7 1/2 inches, and more was falling overnight.  I think it's probable we cleared ten inches.  (By the way, I've seen more than a couple tweets praising meteorologists for what appears to be a late change to the path of this storm, thus bringing up this fucking blizzard further north, thus predicting the worst of the storm was going to not go south but hit us right between the eyes.  Yeah, thanks for accurately saying we're getting fucked over.  You Number One!!)

I try not to use the snowblower because of all the crap that goes into starting it.  But when I got home from an hour-long trek up the Twin Cities through side streets (and thank Buddha for side streets) and I opened the door to see the pile of snow just about reach the footbed of the car door, that's when I knew I had to use it.  But after giving a little prayer and going through all the instructions, again, the thing doesn't work.  It's an absolute beauty when it does, but when it doesn't, it's a worthless piece of shit.  I spent, oh, 15 minutes off and on working on that thing (all the while shoveling because all this snow has to be moved somewhere), but when I push the electric start button, it chugs, but it doesn't start.

Spark plug?  That's my best guess.  Shit, that's my only guess.  I don't know how to fix it.  I was just hoping that Father was right when he said he had it all ready for use.  Oh, I don't think so.  You know, this is why I hate relying on things that don't work.  You have expectations and are thus screwed if they don't work like you assume they would.

I should go to bed now, try and get a nap in.  Have some more shoveling I need to do before I leave for work.  Hope I don't suffer a heart attack from all the shoveling in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment