Monday, February 1, 2016

Writer's Block. Wait, No Time To Write. That's What's This Blog Post's About. I Think

Alright, I have to cop to this since I've been complaining about this off and on the past couple months and I think the content of some of the blog posts makes it obvious: I'm having trouble figuring out what to write.  And I apologize for that.

When I started Wailing And Failing, my goal was to vent and figure out what the hell is going on in and with my life, all while improving my writing by posting something every day.  While I still haven't figured out Life and I hope daily postings have improved my organization and voice, what to write about has been a struggle.

I have to say that the job has a lot to do with it.  The hours working and getting to and from work take up, in my estimation, half of my day.  Then with opening up the mail, doing house chores and catching on e-mail and social media, I am frankly too tired to do anything else.  At that point I'm so exhausted that I prefer just to watch TV, and even then I have to do other things, like wash my clothes or the dishes, so all that's just background noise, and so I miss a lot of good stuff on TV.  (For example, it looks as though Grease Live was universally praised last night.  I was doing the laundry then.)

On top of all that, I get sidetracked (more like fucked over) when emergencies arise.  Stuff like the washing machine continually going through a wash cycle, thus pumping out so much water I have to go down to the laundry room to make sure it doesn't flood with dirty washing machine water.  Or Mother calls and I have to look some arcane repair bill for one of the properties my parents own.  Stuff like that takes an hour or two out of a night where I don't have too many hours.  Plus, it saps me off energy.  Finally, stuff I need to do then pushes stuff I want to do later, and sometimes to another day.

Lately at night I am so tired that I turn in early.  I don't remember the last time I sat down and intently watched the late-night shows.  It's been weeks.  Oftentimes I'm catching up on social media to pay any attention.  Actually, that would be a good time to blog.  (Actually, that would be a good time to do a bunch of other things I want to do, namely go through my papers, but I can't even begin to touch that.)  But lately I haven't been doing anything like that because I'm too pooped.

So that pushes my blogging to work.  Thank Buddha that you can get on the Internet while at work or else I'd be in a world of trouble keeping up with blogging once a day.  Still, it's difficult, mostly because I have, well, work I need to do.  I have a heap of stuff I need to do now, and I shouldn't be blogging.  But I have to.

Well, this seems to be a good time to end this blog post because I have to go back to work.  Shoot, I just realized that I sidetracked myself.  I was supposed to be whining about not knowing what to write about, and it turned into not having the time to write.  See, if I could just sit down and think I could actually write about something that is focused and cogent.

Man, I'm just going to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment