Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Too Soon

Another feature about my old job is that I regularly stayed up until the 1 o'clock hour before going to bed, where the alarm would wake me up at ten to 7 and I would hit the snooze button a few times before finally getting up.  I don't know why I regularly got about five hours of sleep, and I don't know why I had never tried to go to bed earlier so I could sleep more.  But apparently five hours or so of sleep was enough.  Maybe it was the nature of the job, where I had to crank out so many papers an hour that I couldn't fall asleep.  Maybe it was that being free of that job allows me to relax now.

Anyway, after coming home the first day of my new job (where I got only seven hours of work as opposed to the nine, at least, if I had stayed at my old job -- God, I hope I haven't made a huge mistake) and watching Dancing With The Stars, at about 9:20 I went to bed because I felt tired.  And, magically, I slept, till about 4:30, at which point I tried to fall back asleep, but to no avail.  And that brings up yet another problem, one I think is worse for me for work: Getting up so early that I definitely will be tired during the day.

I have heard people start their day by exercising in the morning before going to work.  Who are these fucking people?  If work is the most important part of the day, you should gear up your body so that it's most alert when you're at work.  To me, after you exercise, you rest.  Because you're tired.  Exercising in the morning before work seems stupid to me because once you get to your desk, you're going to fall asleep because not only have you worked out but you've been up for at least a couple hours.  And I don't think working out is going to help keep you awake.

So now I've been up a for a couple of hours and I can already tell that my body, which refused to go back to sleep when I wanted it to, is flagging on me.  I am going to fall asleep at work.  Shit, I might fall asleep driving there, for goodness sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment