Monday, April 4, 2016

College Basketball Anti-Picks, Round 6

Record, Round 5: 1-0
Total Outlay, Round 5: $50.00
Total Winnings, Round 5: $95.45
Gain: $45.45

Overall Record: 27-32
Overall Gain: $69.43

Yep, Syracuse's Cinderella run was stopped in the second half of its final at the hands of North Carolina.  And it was surprising that they were ice cold for the first three-quarters of the game; instead, they were doing their damage (and increasing their lead) by making a high percentage of baskets in two-point range.  Once they started hitting their threes, that's when the game turned into a blowout.  But not as big of a blowout as the prison sex Villanova introduced on Buddy Hield & the Hieldetts.  I thought a team earlier in the bracket would find a way to shut down Hield, who was limited to only nine points on Saturday.  That's why I thought they Oklahoma would underseed.  Well, they certainly met their match in the Wildcats, which Esquire's Charlie Pierce called the most impressive team so far in The Big Dance.  A Final Four-record 44-point ass-kicking?!

So with that I go into Monday's championship game with in very small positive territory.  This could be a titanic matchup between two very good, very physical teams.  I don't have a real read on how this will play out.  I said that if North Carolina covers at -8 1/2 I can sit out this game.  But will I?

---

No, I won't.  I'll bet enough so that I'll still come out ahead even if I lose.

1) North Carolina-Villanova Over 149.5 (The main difference I can see is on the down low.  The Tar Heels have three legitimate bigs in the post.  The Wildcats really only have Daniel Ochefu.  I am afraid that Carolina could make a meal out of the 'Cats [who I also had underseeding] and could blow them out without making a three-point basket.  What I also can see is both teams running and gunning from everywhere.  Finally, in this age of Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors, I can see these two college teams try and emulate The Next Evolution In Basketball) $50

I can't stick to my promise of not watching this game because it's been moved to cable.  I'll catch it while having a beer somewhere.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment