Monday, June 19, 2017

Histamine Pain; Coughing Conniption

So I looked up while I feel so achy when my nose runs.  I should have looked this up a lot sooner, or maybe I knew intuitively that those two things are correlated and I didn't have to look it up.  But I don't remember hurting all over so bad in the spring, so I had to make sure, and sure enough, yes -- well, possibly -- my reaction to the allergies produces histamine in my body to the point where the build-up has affected my joints.  Maybe my advanced age has made the pain worse, or more noticeable.  There are other factors, but since the hayfever got worse just as my pain worsened, I'll say they go hand-in-hand.

It has gotten a tiny bit better the past couple of days.  Don't know how; I've checked the allergy forecast and the grass pollen will be cranking out non-stop for the next several days.  But the joint pain has backed off.  Now, the worst thing is the coughing.  The snot stuck in my sinuses seeps into the back of my throat and hacking loudly for five, ten seconds.  I've done it at work constantly.  I have been so disruptive that I'm shocked no one has just come over and clubbed me over the head till I'm unconscious.  Trust me -- if someone did that to me, I'd understand.  Late at work yesterday (Sunday) someone came over and gave me a couple cough drops.  I think I gave her a look of offense, but even if she meant it not as nicely as it appears on the surface -- "I can hear you coughing from over here, you really need these" -- I wouldn't blame her.

I'm just still shocked at how the Flunisolide just stopped working last week.  It's killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment