Saturday, June 3, 2017

So We Changed Wi-Fi Service Yesterday ...

It seems a happy coincidence that the last day of my 60-month promotional period for my bundled Internet and phone with CenturyLink, yesterday/Friday (which thus was the day I asked CL to end my 3-meg service with them), was the day Comcast said some guy could in the morning and attach a cable to our home so we could get their 55-meg wi-fi.  Didn't miss a beat, I don't think.

And so far, so good.  Father was the one who was home while I was at work and Mother was at the dentist.  I checked in a couple times during breaks and lunch.  The guy didn't come till 10, even though the appointment was planned for 9-11.  Father said that he stayed for four hours.  But he tried it and it was fine.  Better than fine, actually -- fast, reliable and no interruptions, at least not yet.  I have asked Mother if she feels the same and she does.  She was watching videos when I left for work today and when I came back, and she is totally happy.  Mother was the one who was complaining about our slow wi-fi most of all, and I have to admit that I was spurred to finally change service because of her bitching.

I have had wavering results with cable Internet.  I connected through my phone last night, but now I can't.  I tried connected through my tablet, and I can, but the pictures aren't coming in.  And as of right now, I can connect with it through my computer, and so far, no problems, and I assume I'll be able to publish this blog post without incident.  I don't know if my connection problems with my smartphone and my tablet.  It could be because both contraptions (and my computer, really) are really old.  My tablet is from HewlettPackard, and its operating system was discontinued a few years ago.  I tried adding my e-mail and Facebook accounts and I couldn't.  So it may not be Comcast; it might be my devices.

Meanwhile I was told that, besides being late, the Comcast installer was great; most of those four hours, he said, they were just talking.  So that was a positive interaction.  But there could be negative ones.  After all, Comcast is no longer trying to court my business.  They have it now, so they can treat me as crappily as they want.  And I haven't received my bill yet -- surprise, surprise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment