Wednesday, June 28, 2017

It Came Together Quick ...

... but I have a ticket to attend Grandmother's funeral.  After taking Monday night to check for the obviously exorbitant price, on Tuesday night the price dropped by $150 and I had to pounce on it.  And with my brother already booking his ticket, the three of us have been texting back-and-forth to book airline tickets and find accommodations.  I thought there was a decent chance I wouldn't be going; now, I am going.

Now to break the news to my parents.  I did not bring up the fact that I was looking for a ticket to say goodbye to Grandmother to them over dinner, even though I knew they were given information about when the cremation was going to happen.  I did everything I could passive-aggressively to give them the idea that it was bothering me -- staying silent, staring vacantly, checking out the clock, acting sort-of chagrined.  But I couldn't just say it, you know?  I just didn't think I could bring up the subject if they got real upset.  Instead, my brother texted them that we were all thinking about going and that they should go, too.  (They're not going; they say they're too busy with real estate matters at home.)

I totally pussed out.  And so my folks now know of my plan to fly to Hong Kong through my siblings even though I live with my folks.  In retrospect, I should've brought it up, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment