Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I Recommend The Toro Power Max 724 OE

So this blizzard over the weekend, the worst blizzard in recent memory and possibly in my memory, may actually be the last snowstorm we get this protracted winter.  And before the snow melts (and since we got so goddamn much of it -- I guesstimate 16", but the city officially measured 20" -- it'll melt slowly), I want to sing the praises of the snowblower that kicked ass and took names over the weekend, as well as the entire winter and the past few winters.

I remember Father coming home several years back with a big, black snowthrowing Goliath, albeit one bought secondhand on the cheap.  This monster surely would toss the snow from our driveway over our yard and to the yard of our neighbors, and do so in about five minutes.  Unfortunately, the damn thing didn't work.  So it's now gathering cobwebs in the shed.

Some time ago Father came home with a more modest machine: A Toro Power Max 724 OE, Model #37770.  It still had its bells and whistles, but it was nowhere near the behemoth that black piece of junk was.  And contrary to that piece of junk, this Toro worked -- well, most of the time.  Before my parents left for Las Vegas in the fall, Father brought in the snowblower because it wasn't starting.  The carburetor needed to be replaced.  But since then, with the exception of one aborted start a couple weeks ago, it has done a marvelous job.  The blades auger just fine, the chute shoots out the snow off our driveway, and it doesn't break down.  It takes an hour, tops, to clear our driveway, and I have had few problems working the machine all winter.  I used it twice while my parents were gone, and it worked perfectly both times.  And when it came time to clear the snow out in stages over the weekend, calling for its services three times (Saturday morning, Sunday morning and Sunday evening), it answered that call every single time.

So even though I don't think they make that particular Model anymore, if you are in the market for a snowblower and can find the Toro Power Max 724 OE, buy it.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment