Saturday, April 14, 2018

It's Snowing. It's April 14 And It's Fucking Snowing.

And it's a goddamn blizzard we're having, or going to have.  I don't know, but it sounds gnarly outside with the howling winds.  It might really be stacking up too, but I have only looked at the back porch and there isn't much piling on there.

Apparently, this storm is coming in two phases.  We're in the middle of the first phase now.  The second phase, where the bulk of the snow is supposed to come, comes this afternoon or evening, hopefully wrapping up overnight/this time tomorrow.  I have seen totals as few as five.  I have seen totals as many as -- goddammit -- 18.  IT'S FUCKING APRIL!!!

The worst thing about this ... well, the worst thing about this is trying to clear all the goddamn snow, but the second-worst thing about this is that I'm cooped up at home all weekend.  That means I'll have to deal with my folks begging me to clean my room and the house.  I may as well; I have nothing better to do.  But geez, it feels ... awkward being around them for a full day, let alone the two I'll probably have to spend with them.  That's why I'm looking forward to the time between these two phases.  If it's large enough, if it falls in a good part of today, and if I'm able to clear the snow from our driveway, I'm out until the next phase of snow comes over us.  I've got tax crap I need to do, and I would like to do it at a library, and not at home.  Oh, and I want to see some EPL in the morning if circumstances permit.

But circumstances probably won't.  I'm guessing it'll be bad outside, and I might be too tired to wake up early enough to shovel out and then drive out.  This sucks.  IT'S FUCKING APRIL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment