Tuesday, April 24, 2018

There Goes My Health Insurance

For the past couple years I have not had to pay anything for my health insurance, which I got through the state.  I don't know how I got it beyond going to St. Paul when I did not have a job and telling someone that I was unemployed.  I will admit that the insurance I have received has been excellent.  Of course, when you get good care and don't need to pay anything for your doctor's visits, teeth cleanings or medications, it's totes excellent.

But that's coming to an end, I'm afraid.  Every year the state and county sends me an annual renewal form.  I have just signed it and sent it back, and I have had no trouble getting my free insurance re-upped.  I did the same thing this year, and for some reason they scrutinized my application.  They asked me for my stubs from work, and I got a message back "bumping up" my insurance from one that's totally free to one, I believe, which I have to pay for.  I don't mind that, so long as my monthly premiums are reasonable.  The last time I had to pay I paid about ... $60?  I can part with that every month.  More?  I don't think so.

And that's not the end of it.  The county sent me another form asking for information about my wages for the past two years.  That's information that's best filled out by my temp agency.  So I now have to contact the temp agency to get contact information from them which I will give to the county so they can contact my temp agency.  I'm not sure why they need this information when they already have my pay stubs.  The only, and I mean only, reason they would want them is if they are demanding back premiums the past two years.  My God, can they do that?  Would they?  I mean, that's a shakedown that red states do, not Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment