Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Tuesday, April 3:
  • Well, I've been either not spending any money because my parents are making food for me or charging everything I purchase on my credit card, so I'm going back to Saturday, March 31 for the first EWR, which happened at the Minnesota Golden Gopher baseball game against St. John's at U.S. Bank Stadium.  Hot dog, Coke and program comes to: $12.
  • Inbetween the baseball game and the soccer match I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  Saw Carissa there for the first time in a long time.  She asked for a dance, and I got one from her.  With coffee and tips for three girls because I didn't see the fourth: $30.
  • I parked a mile away from TCF Bank Stadium because it's free there, I need the exercise, and I can get out while not getting stuck in traffic.  On my way I realized (or thought) that I was a little too early.  I didn't want to wait out in the cold for the game to start, so I ducked into Lands End Pasties on the way there.  They're good, if expensive.  With tip the pasty came out to: $8.
  • Yeah, the game was cold.  That the Loons lost made the night suck even more.  Hot dog and Redd's and I spent: $15.25.
  • Sunday the 25th, the day my parents came home from their two-month cruise of South America.  I needed to use this e-mail I got from Caribou for a free birthday drink, and having to live back with my folks again was a hell of a reason to cash in on a free drink.  But I did tip in exchange for the huge mocha I got: $1.
  • And then, because they would bitch if I didn't -- although I did need to do it -- I went to Central Car Wash to get all the crap off and out of the car before picking up my parents.  Charged the wash, so this EWR is only for the tip ETA at 8:32 p.m. on April 10 that I did not, in fact, charge the wash to my credit card.  The receipt that I received from Central Car stated that I used cash.  So I'm not going to include the cost of the car wash because, well, I have a receipt and this is called Expenses Without Receipt(s).  So this EWR is just for the tip only, which remains: $2.
  • Then I reached the Mall Of America.  Arrived there early because I wanted to try the Naf Naf Grill, one of the newer places at the new "Culinary On North" area at the Megamall.  I had made a point that I was going to go to some of the new restaurants after work while my parents were away, but I was only able to do so on this day, The Last Day Of My Freedom.  I had ... something, I forgot the name of it.  It was a bread pouch which the guy created by cutting into the middle of a flattened piece of dough; it was then packed with everything.  It was good, but the dough pocket broke apart, allowing the meat and other condiments to slide through my fingers and onto my tray.  I hate food that has poor constitution.  With tip: $9.39
  • Saturday the 24th was the day where the more expensive stripper came over to clean the house.  She was expensive, but she is more thorough than ***e*, and with my folks being gone for two months, I figured that a real deep, fragrant cleaning is needed to make them believe that I have cleaned the house.  As of press time, I have not heard a negative peep from either parental unit.  So I guess she is worth the: $220.
  • Friday, March 23, The Last Real Free Day I had because the next day I had to stay home as the stripper cleaned the house.  After work I went to Volstead's Emporium, a "secret hideaway" around Lyn-Lake.  It opened up a few years ago; its schtick is that it doesn't really advertise.  And it doesn't have a front door; you go down an alley, take a left around the dumpster, and wait at a door underneath a red light bulb.  The guy on the other side opens the slate and if you know the password, he'll let you in.  I kind of was afraid that guy would be a dick, but actually he was nice.  I didn't know the password; I just asked for a place where I could get a much-needed drink; he opened the door with a smile, sent me down the stairs, and recommended the absinthe.  Once you open the boring door you're looking at a pretty spiffy-looking speakeasy.  The drink I got (I did get the absinthe) was good, albeit small and expensive.  But I liked cooling my heels and thinking about my life back with my parents.  With tip: $15.25.
  • After drinking I went to Up/Down, the arcade that is, actually, around the corner from Volstead's.  I had heard about this arcade but only got there when a guy I was an extra with wanted to celebrate there before leaving for L.A.  I wanted to recapture my childhood, so I spent a dollar playing Tapper and a couple other games.  One other thing I noticed is that I went up to a game I wanted to play and was about to put in a token, but then I saw that there already were tokens put in and was ready for someone to hit the Start button.  I think I played a dollar's worth of games for free.  I for one never would just put in tokens and not use them to play, but that's just me.  Bought a Mac 'N' Cheese pizza slice to soak up the absinthe that knocked me woozy at Volstead's.  With tip and the grand total I spent at Up-Down was: $7.
  • Finished my Friday night at Milkjam, which was close to my car.  You know, driving around here for afternoon rush is very dangerous, but if you find a free spot, this isn't a bad place to hang out in.  With tip my ice cream cost: $5.
  • Tuesday, March 20 ... I went to the library to type out the history of transactions for a few stocks as well as print out a birthday-related Hooters coupon.  Total: 40 cents.
  • Meanwhile I found a dime somewhere at the library.  An Infusion of: 10 cents.
  • I was debating whether or not I should clean out the house this evening or watch A Wrinkle In Time.  If I was going to do chores, I was going to eat at Dairy Queen, but after a lot of mental anguish, I decided to watch the movie.  But funny thing: The projector bulb at the screen where I was going to see AWIT was broken; I took that as a sign not to go.  I have yet to see the film adaptation of a book I remember reading when I was a kid.  I had heard that the flick wasn't good, but I wonder if I should still go.  But it was National Cone Day at DQ (because it was the Vernal Equinox), and I had to get a free cone, although this was in conjunction with a fundraising drive, so I donated: $1.
  • On Monday the 19th I went to Matt's Bar because I wanted to eat at Matt's Bar before my folks came home.  But I ran into an hour-long wait.  I was going to go to the library to do the stuff I did the next day, but I couldn't find one.  If I had just went straight to Matt's I don't think I would have needed to wait.  Well, I didn't expect to be there until 9:30, but I was.  At least I ate a Jucy Lucy.  With beer, half-order of fries and tip: $19.70.
  • Sunday the 18th ... There was an exhibit at the Walker called Adios Utopia, which is about Cuban protest art in the age of Fidel Castro.  I had found it interesting, but because I have to pay for admission (a consideration that is important in my mind because I grew up knowing that the Minneapolis Institute of Arts was always free), I had only self-registered interest for a half-second and didn't think about it any more.  But then this day came, which was the last day of the exhibit, and even though I was going to the NCAA Women's Frozen Four Final at Ridder Arena in the afternoon, I really, really wanted to go because I would hate myself if I didn't take the chance to see it on its last day.  (My feelings were also warped because I overpaid for a ticket to the Men's Frozen Four that morning; I will talk about that next blog post.)  So even though I had an hour and had a huge bowel movement because of the free birthday drink I got at Dunn Bros. just before, I went.  And I just so happened to get there at the top of the hour, where a docent was giving a guided tour of Adios Utopia.  That was perfect and so I'm glad I went, even though I didn't have the time to wander around the pieces after the tour like I would have.  A ticket for a student set me back: $10.
  • Women's Frozen Four Final ... stupid Clarkson won again.  Beat Colgate, 2-1 in Overtime.  Hate Clarkson, hate them.  But it was a close and good game.  I didn't have enough time to park in a free space, but since this was a Sunday, there were spots on University Ave. closer to Ridder where you could park, so long as you left by 5.  I parked in one of those spots, and then I freaked out when the game went into OT a bit past 4 o'clock.  I usually think sudden death hockey, and in a championship game at that, is a great thing, but dammit, the only I was worried about was getting a ticket, or worse, running to my car only to see that it's been towed.  The Golden Knights scored just in time for me to catch the entire trophy presentation and then run to my car; I turned on the ignition at 5 on the dot.  I think.  Whew!  I went there without a ticket hoping I could either scalp one or, since the game involved two teams from the East, walk up to the box office and buy one.  But some dude with two kids was hocking his extra ticket.  I bought it for $15, and the seat was on the front row at one end of the arena.  I sat with that family for the first period, and I didn't see them the rest of the game.  I also bought a pin, and I remember that the last time I was there, I was given a pin for free.  Those were the days.  I used my credit card for the hot dog and Coke, but the scalped ticket and pin cost: $23.
  • I filled out my gas tank on my way back home from the game.  But they screwed up the discount I was owed for using my card and this coupon.  I was owed 15 cents/gal. and got only ten.  Anyway, I was in such a mood that I fought this one; the supervisor finally figured it out and gave me the difference.  I used my card to pay for my gas, but she gave me the difference in currency.  So, this is an Infusion of: 47 cents.
I'm good through April 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment