Wednesday, April 3, 2019

OK, Working March Madness Is Nuts

I have heard people in this line of work complain about long hours, but I never really lived it until yesterday.  Got in at around a quarter after 8 in the morning, and I didn't leave until about a quarter after 8 at night.  The saving grace to these long hours is there is a lot of downtown inbetween.  There were many points during my day yesterday where I just sat and looked at my phone.  But the killer was at the end, when I was taping up signs all over the trailers in the stadium.  Took me over an hour.  How in the hell did taping up signs take over an hour?

Got home so late that I decided it was ridiculous to come home and eat at, oh, a quarter to 9 at night.  I'm just going to say I'm not coming home to eat the next two days, and if I do get out of work at the trucks at a decent hours, I'll go to the library to print out tax forms and work on this complaint letter regarding one of their real estate properties in Las Vegas for Father.  And if that's the case, I still will have a long and (somewhat) arduous workday the next two days.

I like working around sports and I'll appreciate the paycheck (assuming I'm getting paid what I think the work is worth).  But right now, I have to say, I can't wait for this gig to be over.  I know I'll either regret saying that or take it back, but right now, that's how I feel.  I mean, my feet are killing me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment