Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Winter Has Come Again, Goddammit

So there is a blizzard that has just started.  Maybe it's a blizzard.  See, last week the meteorologists saw this coming, and they were saying that the models had forecast snow of up to, get this, 18 inches.  They have backed way the bleep off of that -- I think.

The two forecasts I saw yesterday were pretty far apart.  We're not supposed to get a foot and a half of snow anymore because apparently, at some point between now and Friday morning, a slug of warm air is going to penetrate the upper atmosphere above us.  Not only will that stop the falling of snow, but the precipitation that will be falling (and precip will be falling for the next 36 hours) will be sleet or even rain, thus cutting down the amount of snow that will accumulate.  I am hoping to the gods above for that.

So one forecast said 3-6".  The other thought about a foot.  I'll take the former, but what I really want is a period of rain that'll melt away all the snow that came before it.  I don't want to shovel.  It's April, for God's sake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment