Thursday, April 4, 2019

I Have Become What I Mock (Scheduled Post)

I actually got out of this week-long work at a decent hour, 6:30.  I could have stayed, but I really, really needed to go to the library to do two things: Print out the tax forms I'll need and to start writing this real estate letter for my parents.

I printed out a total of six pages of tax forms.  I put in a dollar because, I think, I put all my coins away because this week-long job entails going through security multiple times a day.  I got my printouts just as the library was closing for the day.  And only on my way from the library that I realized that ... I did not take the change from the printer.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I have my reasons: I was tired from a long day at work; I was preoccupied with figuring out how to do these new tax forms (have you all noticed that the tax forms are now shortened?  It's gotten more complicated this way!); I got blindsided by the fact that the home builder is no longer at the address Father gave me; it was closing time at the library and I needed to get out of there.  But let's face it: I didn't pay attention, and so I pissed away 40 cents.

And that is the great irony.  I have occasionally noted on my Expenses Without Receipt(s) blog posts that I regularly check the change dispenser at the printer and am surprised at how many times I have found change that was just left there.  It had become an almost-reliable source of income.  I have ridiculed people for being so forgetful as to leaving their change there.  And now I have been the stupid one for doing the same damn thing.  Yeah, it's only 40 cents.  I still hate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment