Friday, November 6, 2020

Last Good Day Of The Year (Well, Actually It's More Like The Third-Last Good Day Of The Year) ... And I Decided To Work?

As part of my plan of using up as much paid time off as I needed to before I lost it at the end of the year, I set up a series of Fridays for me to take off.  Well, my company changed that policy very late, and I can carry double the amount of paid time off than usual.  So, theoretically, I could cancel all those Fridays and work them instead.

I eventually decided not to, almost entirely.  I planned this so intently and for so long that I have my heart set on having those days off.  Deciding to work them instead would be kind of a buzzkill for me.  However, there was one half-day that I decided to cancel and work the whole day instead: Today.  Along with this new paid time off policy, I noticed that The Second Department had two people skipping that day, leaving only one person to do everything during first shift.  I thought that a second hand would help, and so I told my boss to cancel my paid time off so she would have a wingperson, so to speak, all day.

And of course that coincides to what will be a gorgeous day outside.  Sunny, little wind, dry, and temperatures in the afternoon well into the seventies.  I had that afternoon off, and I decided to work instead, so I will view all that beautiful weather while cooped up inside a filing room.  (facepalm)

Honestly, I would be more perturbed if I wasn't cut early from my job Wednesday and yesterday/Thursday.  Surprisingly, there was no work, at all, those two days, so I actually used four hours of paid time off Wednesday and, even though I almost made it to the finish line, I decided to use one hour yesterday/Thursday.  I am afraid if work is slowing down to the point where this will happen often, which I didn't foresee; if this keeps up, I will take back all those Fridays I planned off.  However, with my surprise free time, I was able to get out and enjoy the unseasonably hot day.  Wednesday I ate tacos at Centro, had donuts at Glam Doll, and visited Grandmother and enjoyed a walk around the cemetery.  Yesterday/Thursday I did a quick jaunt around the park closest to home and ate at Dairy Queen because it was one of the last times this year I would enjoy dessert when the weather suggests it would be a good idea.  If I were working whole days both days, being indoors today/Friday would anger me to no end.

No comments:

Post a Comment