Saturday, November 7, 2020

This Is A Sign I Failed

So I was working a Vikings Game in this new position that I hadn't done before, and I was freaking out, but things actually went well, after I realized I could turn up the volume so I could hear the person I was speaking to?  And the guy I was speaking to said he'd put in a good word for me so I would work in that position again?

Well, I'm working this week's Vikes Game, and I am nowhere near that position this time around.  I am working two days, which means two days' work, which will help me sleep at night.  But the person who's doing the job I did a few weeks ago usually is on the field, and for some reason, this time around he has been replaced, but he's been kicked up to what was my position that one time, so I'm just going to be running around (or more like sitting around).

Again, it's good money, so I can't complain too much.  But I liked the promotion.  I thought I could use another crack at the responsibility.  And it paid more too, if the checks I just got and will try to cash tomorrow is any indication.  I'm not saying the guy's a liar, but if he had any hand in deciding I should not be up there after all ... well, I guess I should have remembered well before the Fourth Quarter that device I was wearing had a volume knob.  (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment