Sunday, November 1, 2020

Saying No To GameWatches

So I decided I won't organize Game-watching events for my alma mater's season.  I thought I wouldn't for a while: Neither place we usually go to has an outdoor TV, so we would be inside, and we probably will be sitting close together, and since it's a Game, we will be very, very loud.  That's how the 'Rona spreads, and if COVID-19 can almost kill my friend, who's a fellow member of the ex-chapter, I would not be able to live with myself if someone at a Game-watching event contracts it.

Our alma mater's season begins Saturday.  Should I have sent something sooner, especially since my heart basically was set on not doing this?  Probably, but I needed to break the news to our main bar first, and to do it man-to-man.  Also, I am saying that if people from our group really, really wanted to meet, I can't stop them, and in fact I encouraged them to go to one of our bars.  I could be called a hypocrite.

Just now, a member of the ex-club just posted on our Facebook whether we could do a Zoom Game-watching party.  That wouldn't be a bad idea for this year.  But how do you do it?  And, gulp, will I be the one asked to set it up?  (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment