Sunday, November 8, 2020

So I always go into working Vikings Games thinking that people will hate me, and that I won't get along with them.  I am just a day player, so it's always better to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised when they're cool.

Going into the weekend I thought I remembered the name of the person who I would be working for.  I remembered ... well, I won't get into details now in case she somehow comes across this blog.  She was weird, and she was not the gregarious type, let's put it that way.

I am not sure if the person I'm working for now is that person.  However, this other guy and I were asked by this person to put up this tarp of safety information on this metal bar barrier.  There was string knotted through each of the grommets drilled in to this tarp, but we had a bitch of a time tying them up.  Like we told each other, we were never Boy Scouts.

This person who told us to put this up, the one I was afraid I had a bad experience working for before, was around when the guy I was working with grabbed some zip ties.  "Don't do that!" she said (maybe), "Just tie it up!"  But I couldn't do it, and later, while she was walking to the tarp to put some papers in it, the knot unraveled.  It was the knot I did, and while she tied it up (well, actually), I fell on my sword and said, "I'm sorry, I'm terrible with knots."  To which she said, "Apparently so."

Well!

I later saw her blow up (not necessarily at me, although she asked me to help out) at the stadium catering department.  And once that was resolved, she thanked me and implored me to eat.  And she was nice thereafter.  Which makes me think that, even if she is not the person I had the bad experience with several years ago, she is one of those people who are intense when things go bad and kind of intense when things go good.  No thanks -- I prefer someone more even-keeled.  So I can tolerate a boss like that for a weekend, but full-time, or if I'm asked if I have a favorite?  Uh, hard pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment