Saturday, February 20, 2021

So My Fucking Mother Scapegoated Me The Other Day

OK, so even though Mother got an appointment for a shot, and her shot, I wanted to tell you about when she fuckin' yelled at me.  So here goes:

Back on Sunday, while we were still in the anxious throes of casting about for an appointment for a shot, Father called me downstairs to help Mother just before I went to work.  So I went into her office, where she was at her computer.

Several days before, I helped both Mother and Father sign up for accounts on Walgreens in the hopes of scheduling vaccinations for both of those old geezers.  The thinking was, at least the way I saw it, Mother would hop on her laptop and check for appointments through Walgreens, Wal-Mart and the state (all three places to which both my parents signed up) all day, every day because she's retired and she has time to do that.

I did not realize, however, that the Walgreens site may have a little bit of a user experience issue.  She called me down because she could not sign out of Walgreens.  When you hover over the ... uh, the "Account" tab (?), a vertical box with a bunch of options appears.  If you've done surfing, you would be led to believe the "Sign Out" option would be in this box.  It was -- but the box was so big, and/or the font was big because Mother can't see, that I had to zoom out in order to see "Sign Out" at the very bottom of the vertical box.  And the box was not designed for either of us to scroll down the box.

So I shrunk the type, signed her out of Walgreens, and blew the type back up.  And then she proceeded to fucking yell at me.  She signed herself up for a shot, which she luckily finagled for the Walgreens downtown.  But even though she wanted my help in signing up herself as well as Father (who is much older than Mother) at Walgreens, she thought she had signed him up for that vaccine downtown.  I set up her new Walgreens account on her computer at her request; she did not say anything about signing her out of her computer.  And she got confused, and that bitch took it out on me.

She does that a lot, scapegoating me.  Well, she complains a lot, and she does so in a barking, abrasive tone whereby she takes none of the blame.  But whenever I bear the brunt of it, she's all, "You did this," or "You didn't tell me ..." or "Why didn't you just ..." blah-blah-blah.  So I got real pissy.  I don't like to be yelled at -- anytime, but especially before going to work.  "Are you done?" I sniped at her.  And then I went to work.

And I have to admit I was not in a good headspace for much of the rest of the day.  Worst of all, I drove angry, and I took out my resentment for My Fucking Mother on my car.  My building has speed bumps all around the campus, and I drove nearly at highway speed over one of them.  And even though it may be because of the cold snap we're just getting out of, ever since I have heard loud creaky noises underneath the floor on my quadrant of the car, especially when I am applying the brake.  Is it because I ruined the brake, or the shocks, or both?  If so, I'll blame it on My Fucking Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment