Monday, February 8, 2021

Beer Powder? I'll Get Right On That, Father

Popped out to the dining room after the Super Bowl (woof, what a debacle) got over to watch The Equalizer.  Just wanted to get out of my bed and out of the heat in the bedroom.

After the show got over and I was still on my laptop, Father came up for one of his usual late-night snacks.  He came up to me and said something like, "Well that Game was boring, huh?"  And then he launched into one of his non-sequitur ideas he has not talked to me about in many, many years.  He did that from time to time in the past, when I was younger and he saw in me potential to take his weird ideas and put them into practice, somehow envisioning a lucrative, world-changing future for me because of him.  That has never happened because I usually don't think anything of it.

At any rate, he said something like, "Hey, I have an idea: Beer powder.  It tastes like beer, but it's powder form.  You add water to it or something, put it in, like, water or on top of food like a dressing, but without the alcohol.  Good idea?  I'll give you money so you could. ..."  So, I could, what?  I think he suggested either investing in companies who make beer powder or, if such a thing somehow doesn't exist (and in this day and age everything exists), inventing it ... I guess ... ?

He hasn't talked this crazy in a long time, so maybe he's due.  But blog posting this is my attempt at even trying to remember his suggestion after tonight.  I'm not mad at Father, I'm just ... huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment