Sunday, February 21, 2021

Please Don't Hate Me! I Don't Want Him Angry With Me Again!

I continue to have issues working by myself in filing at night.  I hate it because I love parts of it, namely the working alone stuff.  But there was one thing I was not quite sure I was doing right.  And the big problem with this is that I have done this process hundreds, if not thousands, of times already since I began working there, and only now, only now, was I not sure if I've been doing this right all along.  I don't want to get into it because telling you exactly what I did because it would bore the shit out of me.  But I will say that despite everything I remember doing in the past, I looked up the instructions in this book we have -- just in case a dummy like forgets how to do something -- and I did something different.

I wanted to e-mail my supervisor about this issue while I was there, but I got caught up working other stuff and I ran out of time.  But when I woke up yesterday/Saturday morning, I was really, really concerned that I went out of my way to do something that I should not have done.  No, I think I need to be honest: I was afraid That Guy was going to judge me for not doing it the right way.  For the time being, I am going to be filing two half-days every week because we are now short-staffed.  That means I'll be working with That Guy, side-by-side.  And this may or may not be worse, but on Mondays, it'll just be us two; there won't be my supervisor acting as a buffer between us.

It is getting obvious That Guy is not well liked.  I have seen his co-workers talk behind his back about his surliness and refusal to cooperate with tasks.  And just last week I saw him ... eh, kind-of snap at my supervisor once I walked in to start my day alongside him.  I feel as though if there was some sort of dispute between him and I, the other people in the department would take my side just on the basis of personality.  The merits of work performance is a different thing entirely, of course.  And I was scared that, come Monday, I'll walk into the back of the building and he'll be judging me because I stamped something I shouldn't have stamped.  Well, I don't think he'll outright confront me, but he has passive-aggressive ways of telling me he doesn't like my work, and thus me.  Or, maybe I'm just thinking things are there when they're not.  Or, he may just start yelling at me after all.  Fuck if I know.

It is within that confusion and, I'm afraid, fear I decided I would take time from my day off and e-mail my supervisor, from my home, off the clock, whether or not I should have stamped those forms (OK, so it turns out I am telling you exactly what I did).  I would feel awful if I didn't say anything, and yet I knew once I sent the e-mail that I would probably regret sending it no matter what she says.  I actually now think my biggest mistake was changing what I have done all these months and starting to stamp these.  I mean, I haven't been yelled at for not stamping them before, so that should tell me that's what I should be doing all along ... right?

Well, what's done is done.  Somebody's going to yell and/or judge me, maybe as soon as I step inside this morning.  I just need people who'll stick up for me despite any mistake I may have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment