Thursday, February 4, 2021

Yeah, About My Sleep Schedule ...

Because I have had to do some subterfuge to obfuscate taking my stuff over to my storage unit after My Fucking Father rearranged my bedroom and invaded my privacy, this three nap thing I had going for weeks has been interrupted, if not stopped for good.  I could not get in my evening nap any time this week because I had to be out and about during the evening.

It started Monday, when I went to the library just so I could take out the trash after dinner so My Fucking Father wouldn't be able to look into the trash bin and suspect I took out a bag he threw in there.  I stayed out that evening until a bit past 8, and I was so full of energy I stayed awake through the evening and didn't get to bed till, I think, the time of my actual rest, around 2:30.

It looks as though that stored up enough sleep debt where my body was demanding I take a long sleep.  Couldn't do that Tuesday, when I took out the trash ostensibly on my way back to work "because I forgot to do something."  That something actually turned out to be a massage from ******a, and that was so good that I wanted to "maximize" my body being thoroughly kneaded like it was.  I didn't eat a midnight snake or drink any juice.  I had a few sips of water and I crawled into bed just before 9 -- and my body responded by knocking me out until a bit before 4 in the morning.

I thought I was going to conk off at work; I did turn in seven hours of sleep, but I woke up two hours before I had to -- will I have enough energy?  I still get in lunchtime naps, so I did power through.  But after I lied about needing to go out again last/Wednesday night (said I had to go back to the library; I went out for ice cream and a much-needed walk around the Sculpture Garden instead) I got back home -- this time by 7, where I finally was able to take in the ABC sitcoms during prime time, the first time all season I've been able to do that.  After that, a bit past 9, I crawled under the sheets and turned off the TV ... and I woke up just now, just before my alarm.  First time in a long time I slept properly, let alone just short of nine hours.

Shoot, and I feel great!  I think I'll be able to be alert through training in the morning.  But now that the trash will be taken away and I won't need to go anywhere after dinner, will I revert back to my three-nap schedule, or will my body be "good" enough that I won't have to conk off this evening?  And which will be better for my body?  And which schedule will I like more?

No comments:

Post a Comment