Sunday, February 28, 2021

I See A Light

Yesterday morning I drove Father out to the downtown Minneapolis to get his first COVID-19 vaccination.  It was painless, simple and easy.  In fact, I picked him up ten minutes after his appointment, and I think I would have to wait for him for at least half an hour.  Nope.  And he seemed fine afterward.

So now both of my parental units have received their first dose.  I'm still nervous if each of them will get their second; Father has an appointment for next month but who knows if that's assured, and Mother somehow got into Walgreens, scheduled her first shot, then was told she could not schedule her second shot because there aren't enough doses in downtown Minneapolis.  Plus, I don't know how much, if any, immunity is conveyed upon the person after receiving just the first dose.  And can one tell after how many days does the life-saving engineering of scientists translate into not dying/not getting sick/not being able to transmit the virus to other people?

However, now may be the time for problem-solving instead of finger-pointing, and maybe we should be all gung ho about teamwork.  Because, as of right now, I can genuinely say that I see a light -- that I sincerely feel as though we have taken a step toward normalcy.  And if seeing ******a tonight for a massage is any indication, I sure as hell want things to go back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment