Monday, March 1, 2021

The Thing On The Back Of My Neck Is ... Out

I have had bumps in the back of head, down near the base of my head, somewhat close to the neck, for many, man years now -- have I blogged about this before?  I have tried a bunch of topical creams and have used tea tree oil in order to eliminate them, but no luck.  I think I told my doctor about it and he said it was either abrasions or some "head acne" (my phrase, not his); he didn't think it was a big enough deal to prescribe something, at least not unless I really got worried about it.  When my parents noticed them when my hair was really short after a hair cut, they got so freaked out that Father gave me his topical creams that he no longer used.  They didn't really work.  The tea tree oil sort-of did, but the acne seemed to come back after a while.

I had not been using it lately because my hair has gotten long; guess I could have tried it, using a cotton ball, dabbing either the cream or the oil onto it, then rubbing it onto the bumps, but I didn't want to deal with having that cream or oil sitting on top of my long hair, and since I've like to lie down on my bed, I'd get that crap on my pillow, and I don't want to do that.

I have had up to six conspicuous bumps on the back of my neck.  Most of them are small and sometimes disappear.  However, there has usually been one big one, in the middle of the back of my neck, near the hairline.  I have had that for a long time, and no matter how much topical or oil I used, I couldn't rub that darn thing out.

So, l was on a social Zoom last night, and in a lull, my idle hands started picking this bump on the back of my head.  I had felt it from time to time over the past several days, and it seemed to be growing, which was typical, but it was also starting to ... well, I guess I'd say harden.  Last night was different, however.  The mass was big, but I could push this bump from side to side, as if the weakest part of this acne was its attachment to my head.

Then, just because, I took my thumb and pressed this bump between my thumb and forefinger.  I thought maybe, just maybe I could, well, pull it off my neck.  It wasn't my plan to do it; all these years I have just let these bumps be in the hopes they'd vanish by themselves, to no avail.  But darned if I actually did pull off this bump!  And I was shocked!  And I looked to see this ... brownish ... thing.  Man, the stuff your body generates, know what I mean?

There is still a smallish bump, and right next to it there appears to be a shallow hole.  What I should do (starting tomorrow, I need to go to sleep now) is use the cream and/or oil in the hopes of preventing this bump/acne to ever come back again.  But for now, the worst of my "head acne" is gone!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment