Saturday, March 27, 2021

2021 March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 3

Record, Round 2: 6-10
Overall Record: 15-18
Total Outlay, Round 2: $2,000.00
Total Winnings, Round 2: $1,497.91
Total Loss, Round 2: $502.09
Up-To-Date Loss: $449.99

I thought I would now do well on even Rounds of the tournament because I would understand how momentum is going for the surviving teams and base my phantom bets on that.  That was not the case this time.  I swung and missed big with Wisconsin and Colorado, both of whom I Best Betted Against The Spread and Straight-Up.  And as much as there have been so many upsets this Big Dance (the average seed for the remaining 16 seeds is just under 6, an all-time high), I made fake bets on eight underdogs and lost on five of them.  And so my meager gain for Round 1 has given way to a huge deficit for Round 2.

---

Generally, my wagers for Round 3 are unsteady.  But here goes nothing:

1) Baylor -7 1/2 (I didn't think Villanova would make it this far.  But here they are, only to await a sure beatdown by the Bears, who I think is going to go a long way because I need them to lose in order for my bracket and picks to succeed, and I know they won't because I am a damned person) $100

2) Arkansas -11 1/2 (How in the hell did Oral Roberts reach the Sweet Sixteen?  Kudos to them -- even though they are an evangelical school and will probably think their success on the hardwood somehow means that Trump is still the real president or some shit -- but give those kudos before an Arkansas squad that has had five days to break down tape and prepare eliminates them with the quickness) $100

3) Syracuse +6 1/2 (If I am to win any money, any, in this Year's March Madness, I need, need, Houston to win.  Which means they probably don't.  The Cougars need to be disciplined enough to crash the offensive glass and get the rebounds the Orange will surely give up in its zone Defense.  But will being disciplined enough be good enough?)  $100

4) Gonzaga -13 1/2 (Yeah, I don't know how in the hell Creighton has survived this far, either.  And they are certainly going to be blown away by the Gonzaga juggernaut ... right?) $100

5) Florida St. +2 1/2 (Am I underestimating Michigan?  I still don't think they can go far without its Point Guard, but they looked pretty good in its first two Games.  Meanwhile, I swear I have the Seminoles going to the Final Four every other Year.  For my sake I hope this Year ain't it.  But golly, I think FSU has the length and the athleticism to take this one.  And I think Leonard Hamilton can outcoach Juwan Howard) $50

6) USC -2 (Just a feeling) $50

7) Parlay 2) and 3) together, for $150.

8) Four-legs: 1) through 4), for $100.

9) What the hell -- 1) through 6), for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment