Thursday, March 18, 2021

The Songs Playing On The Minute I Was Born

Time for my thing where I turn on the radio the minute I was born and spin through the dial to listen to snippets of as many songs as possible.  And taking off from my blog post about aging rapidly, I have to confess that more than half of the songs I was able to listen to in that minute and change I did not recognize.  I certainly am not hip to the musics of today.

I recognized three songs during that minute.  One of them came out six years ago, another 39 years ago, and the third half a century ago, Jesus Christ:
  • Elle King, "Ex's & Oh's" (I think this song began in the final seconds of the minute I was born, even though I didn't hear the very beginning, so I am going to count it ... and this came on Cities 97.1)
  • Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, "I Love Rock 'n Roll" (Um ... I think 104 Jack FM)
  • The Who, "Behind Blue Eyes" (Not sure, but probably 92 KQRS)

No comments:

Post a Comment