Tuesday, March 23, 2021

First Night, Not Bad

All day at work yesterday I was anxious and a little angry that I had no idea how the first night of Working From Home (WFH) for the test scoring place.  I was tired as fuck after coming home and eating dinner, but there was no time nor chance for me to sleep.  I got up, threw all the shit I kept in my desk down on the floor, set up my computer and mouse, moved the bed so I could plug my laptop into the power strip down by the baseboard, turned my computer on, logged in ... and then I waited an hour-plus while the administrators were doing their best getting everyone who signed up for the project on the quasi-Zoom meeting.  We then went through three hours not of training, but the rules while working, and WFH, for this company -- when do we get breaks, no using your phone during work, etc.  We did finally start training -- on how to use the meeting software we have to use, not of the question(s) we are going to grade.  And then our shift for the night was over.  There probably will be some more of that tonight.

It was a lot of spinning my wheels, but hey, I'm getting paid for it.  So I'm now less anxious.

I'm also tired as fuck.  I need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment