Wednesday, March 3, 2021

That Light Is Getting Bigger And Brighter

Good news on the vaccination front.  With some cajoling from Mother, I finally eschewed going through Walgreens online to try and set up a second shot for her and just started freakin' calling pharmacies myself.  On her advice I tried one in a suburb, and that pharmacist (or assistant) highly recommended I go back to the pharmacy that gave Mother her first shot.  So I called them ... and they said she can come in when she's supposed to, later this month.  There was no reservation that was made for her; the person I spoke to noted that she was there last month, so she can just come in exactly 28 days later (yep, she's Moderna) and she'll get her shot.  Damn, that was so simple!  I was getting so pissed with seeing "no shots available within 25 miles for the next 3 days" bullcrap on the Walgreens webpage, and I all had to do was pick up the phone!

The elders in the family are falling into place, too.  My aunt got her first yesterday, so says my cousin -- Pfizer.  My other cousin finally got his mother (my other aunt) signed up for her first, although he's still having trouble lining up his father (my uncle), which I find very odd because he is as immuno-compromised as one can get.  My brother-in-law's parents got their firsts last month.  And, shockingly, my sister told me when I came home from work on Monday that she got her first shot that day!  I didn't know she is considered a lecturer, and so technically she could jump the line and get a vaccine!  Huh!

I might be getting ahead of myself, but I see tangible evidence to feel ... optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment