Sunday, February 14, 2021

Kombucha Bugs Me

Went to Target after work today.  Wanted to pick up some non-alcoholic libations -- Coke, apple juice, Naked juice.

Saw that in the same end cap I saw the single-serve bottle of Naked, there were many, many bottles of kombucha, that New Agey-type of drink that I first heard about 20 years ago and am seeing everywhere.  I had seem them being sold at Target for some time.  But I swear that more than half of this end cap was infiltrated with all these different brands of kombucha.  It was noticeable, and scary.

I have never had it.  Thought about trying it once.  They say it has these natural properties that control inflammation of your gut, which is very important if you want to live a long, productive life.  But there is something ... off-putting about kombucha.  I am not sold on its positive health effects.  I'm not saying this drink is such a sham that Goop is selling it, but I have yet to see a scientific study on it.  Plus, from what I hear about the ingredients, it sounds like it'd be an awful thing to drink.  All that has turned me off on kombucha, and unless I get swindled into trying it, I'll be OK passing through this temporal plane without ever drinking it, no matter how many brands Target puts on its shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment