Tuesday, February 2, 2021

(Breathing In Loudly) OK ...

OK, so I can understand a gesture of frustration, and if I don't let this go, I cannot expect anyone else at work to let it go when I express a pique of frustration -- which I have.

Saying that, it was kind of startling to see someone who I don't know but have worked with grab and aggressively pull a sign-in book from me.  She tried to explain herself, and I think I understood that she wasn't mad at me but was trying to get something she didn't want to do done "in the next five minutes," she said.  But under her breath she also said, "OK, I guess I'll sign it now," and that makes me think that she either thought she told me or the person who brought me in (sorry, it'd take too long to explain what I mean by that) that she was busy and she would sign it later.  But there's me, not hearing her (although she might not know that), just standing there with the sign-in book, having her initial it.  And so she snapped.

Yeah, I understand.  But I can't look at her the same way again.  Walking on eggshells around her is a sound strategy, at least for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment