Friday, September 17, 2021

Three Calls And Nothing Good Came From Them

Had to make three calls today: One to my cell company to enquire about getting a new phone for my brother-in-law; one to my dental clinic to get an itemized bill; and one to the energy company because my parents were told that the washing machine they bought for the house was eligible for a rebate.

I went out to Subway because there was a deal in free chips that expired today.  It was in this parking lot where I ate a footlong egg-and-cheese flatbread (do they have them in six inches?  I should have looked into that) and made calls.

The first call, to my cell company, I had to wait an hour.  I gave them my number and waited for them to call me back.  Naturally, I missed that call.

The second, to the dental clinic, went to voicemail.  I left a VM, for the second time this week.

The third, to the electric company, entailed a ten-minute wait.  I got home and I just called them.  The electric company does not have a rebate for washing machines.

I am waiting for my cellphone company to call me back while I blog this.  In the meantime, I have one loss (the electric company), one draw that feels like a loss (the dental clinic), and one draw that is still up in the air (the cellphone company).

Have you ever had one of those days where you're thinking that you're doing something, but the results make you feel as if you've done nothing at all?  That's how I feel right now.  And it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment