Wednesday, September 29, 2021

You Callin' Me A Liar?! Well ... I Can See It Her Way

I can't say yesterday was a better day at work.  I don't know if it was worse, but it certainly wasn't better.  I can say that if I am to get more comfortable with the position, things would have slowed down for me by now, as in I could get the work in faster and better.  But I didn't.  Like on Monday, I had work left over.  I guess this time around, unlike Monday, I gave less of a damn.

But about that work left over ... you see, before I left on Monday, my supervisor asked me if I had any work left over, by which she means forms printed out and e-mails that needed to be answered.  I told her no.  However, there were e-mails I left unread.  I didn't think much of them; frankly, I was too damn tired of the work to go over them, I wanted to leave, and I didn't think too much of them after I mentally made the decision to ignore them.  I could always go back to them in the morning.

So my supervisor comes up to me yesterday/Tuesday morning and she says, and I am paraphrasing, "So when I asked you if you were done with everything before you left yesterday, you weren't being honest (italics mine)."  And honestly, I didn't listen to the rest of what she said, because I thought, "You bitch, don't you ever accuse me of being a liar!"

And then it dawned on me; uh, she didn't mean those e-mails ... right?  And I went, "Oh, those?  I thought I could wait on those till tomorrow."  Whoops.

Yeah, guess I was wrong.  And even if I resent being told I was being "dishonest" when I didn't mean to, I can see things from her perspective and "yeah, but still" this, by which I mean yeah, I wasn't trying to lie to her so she's wrong, but still it sucks because she felt she had to stay and do all the e-mails when she thought you said you already did them, and above all the accusations of not telling the truth, she felt a little screwed.

OK.  I guess I should let this go.  But let's see what fresh hell she might bring me tomorrow!  And in the meantime -- well, maybe hanging out with her after work is something I won't ever do because of her shitty and unfair choice of words.  Boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment