Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Jesus fuck, yesterday was as bad as I feared.  Seriously, I don't know how only one person does this.  My supervisor had to step in and help me.

I was so wiped out I fell asleep after coming home ... well, I caught Cry Macho (not a bad movie; Clint Eastwood does his own thing nowadays, and his old-school pace is something that stands out these days, and that's a good thing, even if the movie itself is just OK) and then I came home and promptly turned out the lights.

I woke up around 3.  The night before I woke up around 5 and couldn't go to bed before I had to go to work.  Not like I was tired; there was so much to do, I didn't feel tired at all.  In fact, I didn't give myself an afternoon break.  That's the only saving grace from the hell of this position: You're so inundated with work, the hours are going to fly by.

I have a few hours to settle myself down.  It was so busy, by the way, that most of the coffee I bought yesterday morning is still in my thermos.  I want to drink most of it, but I don't want to be up the rest of the night.  So that's why I am drinking little bottles of bourbon and brandy.  Well, I bought those mini-bottles of alcohol to come down after work.  Will need to drink them tomorrow, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment