Sunday, September 12, 2021

Will I Learn To Control Myself?

Maybe things have come to a head after what, and how much, I ate yesterday.  I could also be feeling this way because my alma mater got embarrassed at home last night.

I went into to work yesterday; helped out in the afternoon because, somehow, they were short-staffed.  I went to the gas station before work because I had in my mind buying two Pepsis because it was BOGO for $1.  I then saw a bottle of Perrier.  Perrier at a gas station?  And then I remembered reading an article online that instead of sugary drinks, one should, as an alternative, drink seltzer water, Perrier being one of the most flavorful.  And I thought: You know, if I'm going to be serious about cutting down on sugar, I should drink Perrier instead of Pepsi.  And then I bought two Pepsi bottles.

Had dinner after work, no big deal.  A had a hard sleep, the kind where you'll have nightmares before waking up 11 hours after you conked off, before the alarm woke me up so I could go to the bar and watch the game.  And because I wanted to give these guys our business I ate.  A lot.  The carnitas wrap was fine, as was the Angry Orchard.  Threw in another Pepsi, too.  But it's the cheese curds, man, the cheese curds that I still feel in my stomach.  Maybe that wasn't such a good idea as a second course.

My waistline is 39 inches.  I weigh 177 pounds.  And even though I know in my heart of hearts they're not the problem and I'm only using their presence as an excuse, my parents aren't leaving for Vegas or a cruise any time soon.  So, I have to control myself.  But will I learn to control myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment