Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Cable/Satellite On My Computer

I finally bit the bullet and bought my first streaming site: Sling.  I wanted to watch sports, but I can't go the bar or the gym every time I want to see something on cable or satellite.  Sling had advertised itself as the low-cost streaming site, and it doesn't have all the sports channels I want (and I wanted a streamer mostly for sports), but it had enough whereby I bought a smallish package.

There are two basic packages Sling offers.  I took the one that did not have Fux News.  As much as I wanted a streamer mostly for sports, I realized when making this decision that being able to get such a service without Fux News was the most important factor to me.  Because Fux News is everywhere.  Sometimes at the gym, when I turn on the TV, the channel that first appears is Fux News, which indicates that at least a few braindead Republicans work out.  I have also heard that many businesses and waiting rooms that leave their TV sets on are encouraged to leave it on Fux News.  That's another way propaganda spreads.  I was surprised, maybe even shocked, that a streaming site offers a package without Fux News.  But Sling's ... uh, either its Orange or Blue package, can't remember which one, that package leaves out that poisonous bullshit.  That also leaves out Fox Sports 1, which shows a lot of sports I want to see, but I'm OK with that.  (I don't know if Fux News and FS1 are a package deal, and if Sling wanted to leave out one, they had to leave out the other.)

I've watched a lot of college basketball.  I am seeing the NHL on Turner Network Television for the first time.  It has the sports networks for the ACC, SEC and Pac-12, which will be great when the spring sports season comes around.  This is costing me about $40 a month.  I don't know if I can justify that, but I can cancel at any time.  Hey, I've got a steady job and so I don't think I'm living beyond my means.

No comments:

Post a Comment