Monday, February 28, 2022

Maybe I Should Go Back To Using My Day Planner

Forgot to Seafoam the minivan.  It was the perfect time to do it; for the first time in a long time (if ever), I saw the orange "fuel needed" icon light up on the dashboard.  Seafoam says it's best used on an empty tank, and I bought one ... oh, months ago to eventually use.  But I totally forgot.  A cherry on top of a weekend where I could've been better but wasn't.

Guess I shouldn't beat myself up too much about it.  I swear I did it already this winter.  Besides, I put in a grand to fix the water pump, replace the motor mount, upgrade the timing belt and get new brakes (although I hope to Buddha those were free).  I think the minivan, in many ways, works better than my car, at least right now.

But going back to forgetting about the Seafoam ... I wonder if I would have remembered if I had jotted it down?  I don't use my Franklin Quest day planner for much other than writing down what I spend on cash each month.  Also, not to say that I would still forget about the Seafoam since my main concern was just getting gasoline for the minivan.  But you write down lists so you remember what you want to do at a point in the future if you forget.  There'd be a chance that I write down "put gasoline in car," and then later I would remember, "Hey, I have Seafoam, and I wanted to use it on the minivan.  The tank is as empty as I can remember it ever being, so it's the perfect time to use it!"

Now, I need to jot down things I want to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment