Sunday, February 6, 2022

Upgrading Our Internet

It was high time we switched out our very old router and replaced it with a mesh.  Not only was the router (which, to be fair, was Father's purchase) way obsolete, its placement meant there was a dead spot right around the dining room.  Mother always wants to watch her YouTube cooking and knitting videos, but she has to do it from the kitchen because that is the outer limit of reach from the old router.  And I am tired of putting up with a dead spot.

So I bought this three-device mesh through Amazon.  I got it a few days ago and I spent, oh, an hour setting it up a bit past midnight tonight/Sunday.  At first none of these "devices" synced up or even recognized each other, but somehow, they finally did.  In the meantime, I had a dickens of a time getting my devices (my cell and my lap) to recognize this brand-new network.  I don't exactly know how I got it to see eye to eye, but there is some information I wish I would have known before plundering into this project.  I got it done, but it could've gone a whole lot smoother.

I'm just hoping the dining room can pick up our wi-fi now.

No comments:

Post a Comment