Sunday, February 27, 2022

Sorry I Forgot You, Souvenir Cup

Went to the Girls' State High School Hockey Championships last night.  (A sucked, AA was a classic, and I'm glad I went.)  Bought myself a souvenir Coke because I collect souvenir cups and it didn't look like I had this one.

I remember looking at it after the Game but before seeing *****a working at her bar, thinking that maybe I should stop by the parking ramp to drop it off because it looks nerdy walking around with a souvenir cup.  But nah! and I went straight to the bar.

And I forgot the damn thing.  Hugged *****a and promptly left, and I left my souvenir cup.  When I came in with it, *****a asked why I had it, and I told her I collect souvenir cups, and I do.  And then I forget the souvenir cup.

I Messengered *****a if she somehow kept it.  Nope, she replied, and her manager threw it away.

I am so stupid.  I bought the large Coke to keep the cup, I had a chance to keep it in a safe place but decided against it, and then I promptly left the damn thing I had committed to buying and keeping after an hour of eating, drinking and gazing into the eyes of a lovely Amazon.

Well, at least I'm going to the Wild Game in a couple Weeks.  Guess I'll have to buy a Coke then instead of a beer.  (Why not both?)  But still, I hate myself for devoting so much mental energy and telling myself, "KEEP THIS CUP!!!" and then I flat-out forget it.

You know, I probably have forgotten other plastic cups before.  I just have forgotten that I have forgotten about those cups, if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment