Sunday, February 27, 2022

Less Than A Month Away, But They're Already Back

I have not done anything close to cleaning up before they come home next month, but before I know it, they'll be here.  It sucks because I have about a month left, but that will vanish in a flash -- both because my insouciance will inevitably lead me there, and because I have so many commitments between now and that sad, fateful day.

For example, it appears that already, all my Saturdays are filled up:
  • Saturday: I work half a day because my co-worker took another job within the building, and then the MNUFC home opener is early that evening.  I have a few hours inbetween those two things, so I figure I could drop off my old clothes then.
  • Next Saturday: The big thing is the big volunteer effort I'm organizing.  It'll be about 40 minutes away in a place I have never been, nor do I plan on going to before then because it's so darn away.  I have the rest of the day free, but I have made an appointment for a massage early that evening.
  • Following Saturday: That might be the day my stripper girlfriend comes to clean the house.
Now that I have mapped that off, I kind of know how much time I have all by my lonesome.  I can see clearly when they'll be back.  And with seemingly no time in which I can just do nothing and know I'll have time after that to do what I should do, that's what I mean when I say they're already back.  No joy now; it's an inexorable march to sharing this house again with the people who actually own it.

Knowing this makes me depressed, real depressed.  Instead of going through my stuff, I think I'll take a nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment