Sunday, April 17, 2022

Oh, My Taxes

I told my parents that I have been slavishly working on them, but not really; I just say that so I can get out of the house.

Since there hasn't been anything extraordinary that has happened in my life -- didn't get married or have a child, haven't bought a house -- my wages and dividends have been the same things that have happened to me for years now.  I still need an annual reminder on what to do, but once I get that reminder, I think I've got it.  (Of course, I also thought I "got it" for years before realizing I needed to take a standard deduction, but let's not get into that.)

I got all my forms, I wrote down my amounts, I made sure the math was right, and, crossed fingers, I think I have filled out all the paperwork completely and accurately.  I sent in both my federal and my state returns Thursday evening -- still a paper person myself -- and, if I did it right, I will get a nominal amount of money back from the country, and pay a relatively hefty amount of money to the state, which I will pay electronically tonight.  Could be worse, but hey, taxes is the price one pays for living in a civil society.

No comments:

Post a Comment