Monday, April 18, 2022

RIP, Uncle

So I just learned that one of my uncles died.  I never met him, and I may have talked to him once.  But he and many members of our family were quite, quite estranged.

That may be why neither Father nor Mother (who is his sister, although they weren't too close, either) were sad at all when they broke the news to me.  That may also be why Father goddamn told me at dinner.  He always does this shit.  Can't he think of a more appropriate setting to tell me the news of a death in the family?  Either he is mortified of sitting me down and telling me this heavy, grim news the right way or ... well, he doesn't give a fuck.  Honestly, since I don't think I remember a time he's been proper when announcing a death (Mother too, come to think of it), I don't think they give a fuck.

Now I wonder if my sister knows.  She has visited him.  I also kind of know his daughter, with whom he was also pretty estranged.  But honestly, I'm not shedding tears, even though he is family.  Yeah, so maybe I don't care as much as I should, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment