Sunday, April 10, 2022

Fashionably Late To No Meeting At All

I am a part of this group that has monthly Zooms.  They are scheduled for two hours, but I find it hard to be on a Zoom for two hours, so I show up fashionably late, like an hour into it, maybe later.

Have I blog posted about this before?  Anyway ...

... sometimes there is no meeting to go to because no one showed up or everyone who did show up wanted to go early.  And then I feel bad because I am there with no meeting to talk in, and then I wonder if the reason there is no meeting when I show up is because it's my fault, like I could have "saved" the meeting if I popped in earlier.  That has happened a lot -- like now, where I apparently just got kicked out of the waiting room because, uh, there is no meeting taking place right now, maybe?

The person organizing these Zooms has lamented from time to time whether or not to continue.  I and a couple others who mean to come on more frequently say they still appreciate her doing this.  But seeing this Zoom end early without me makes me question this Zoom's future viability, and it makes me feel guilty of my role in helping end these meetings entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment