Friday, April 29, 2022

Indulging

I am not the man I was 20 years ago, dammit.  So eating a burger and fries, then following that up with a pretty big appetizer, is hard to deal with as a dinner.  (Probably would also be hard as a lunch, but then I wouldn't be going to bed with a bomb in my gut.)  I went to Chick-Fil-A, then had a massage, then went to a sports bar to watch the NFL Draft.  (The Vikings traded down again -- that's just Rick Spielman underneath a mask of Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, isn't it?)  So I have a leftover cup of Chick-Fil-A's Cloudberry Sunjoy because I didn't want to dump the water cubes in it.  I got a bottle of water after my massage, and I poured all of that into the cup.  And I still didn't drink it all; it's waiting for me in the car.  And I still have the coffee I got for myself at work yesterday.  I think I drank less than half of it yesterday.  I just sipped some now, and hope to drink the rest before I get to McDonald's right after I blog post this.

What I'm saying is I ate and drank a lot, and I feel like I'm paying for it right now.  Not only am I waking up kind of fat, I still have stuff I need to consume because I don't want to waste it.  And I have to work in The Fourth Department today.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment