Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Finally Have Evenings To Myself

Last/Tuesday night was the first time in Buddha knows how long that I had my evenings to myself.  No work that bled into the evening, nothing to go out for (whether I wanted to or not) -- I got home, ate dinner, retreated into my bedroom ... and I had the whole evening to myself.  I could anything I wanted.  Or nothing.

Well, what I did do last/Tuesday night was start on putting away my clean clothes.  (Oh: In a quasi-addendum from my last blog post, Father actually did wash my clothes yesterday.  Bless him.)  I stopped after several, plopped down on the bed and closed my eyes.  If I was going to be awake, I was going to listen to the Wild and, later, the Timberwolves on the radio and, in a welcome return to the days of yore, watch the Twins on over-the-air television.  I turned on the radio and put the volume on quiet enough to listen if I didn't fall asleep.  But I did.  Woke up a bit past 9, in fact.  Saw on my phone that the Wild won and the Wolves were getting their body parts handed to them, and I turned on the TV in time to hear (while scrolling through my phone) Tyler Duffey cough up the tying and winning Runs to Kansas City.  Finished the rest of my clothes and, well, that was my evening.

My Father insists that I could spend my evenings getting educated, even getting another degree.  He is not wrong.  However, I feel great right now, and I know that can't happen unless I got my two-plus hours of sleep.  There is massive long-term gains in furthering your education, and yet the immediate short-term gain in just giving your body a rest feels like something I need more right now.  And I feel that way especially after last week, when I spent most of my evenings finishing up my taxes and getting both a massage and a handjob.  Had to do the former and loved both of the latter, but that takes up my evenings, and so, after a Saturday night at the United Match and another massage Monday night, I am happy to have had last/Tuesday night completely off.  Well, I did have Sunday night "off" too, since it was Easter and everything was closed that evening.  But you know what I mean.

Anyway, there is no rest for the wicked.  I have tonight to myself, but my work schedule shifts so that it ends in the early evening, and so to spare my parents waiting for me to get home before we all eat, I told them I would find something to eat on my own.  That means being ... well, not busy, but active Thursday and Friday evenings.  Hope I have enough energy to get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment