Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Strange Food

So Mother spent most of yesterday/Tuesday making something.  I got out of work early enough (thank you, Juneteenth!) to justify eating dinner at home, and I was exiled into eating at the kitchen counter.

Turns out she was making ... man, I don't know what you call it, but it's, I think, steamed rice along with a bunch of other Chinese foods I don't understand and probably don't like all wrapped in a, uh, green leaf.  I know this food is quite familiar with a bunch of people I know, but I have no idea what it's called.  And I'm not much of a fan of it, either.

I see one sitting out on the table right now.  Father probably is going to pack it up for me to eat at work.  Probably will ... after I punch out, I'll need to sit down, heat it up, unwrap the sticky, gangly thing, and use a fork to dig out bite after bland bite.  So yeah, I'm not a fan of the taste nor of the work I need to put into eating it, and yes, I'm being a bit of a jerk because Mother has to put a lot of work into making it.  (I saw these leaf wraps in a pool of water in the laundry room Monday night.  "Hmmm, what are those for?" I remember asking myself.  I didn't put two and two together.)

That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment